It is not unusual to feel depressed and anxious sometimes. The loss of a loved one, losing a job, breakups and divorces, or other trying circumstances can raise feelings of sadness, fear, loneliness, and anxiety. While these feelings can be normal reactions to life stressors, when they occur on a daily basis for a long period of time they can interfere with normal, everyday functioning.
If you are faced with challenging circumstances, you may need additional support particularly if you are experiencing:
- anxiety, intense fear, terror, panic or dread that leaves you feeling physically and emotionally drained
- difficulty with doing normal daily activities
- obsessive thoughts and excessive worry
- difficulty finding joy, meaning or purpose in your life
- feeling alone or alienated from friends and family
- obsessive thoughts
- trying to feel better through self medicating or engaging in unhealthy behaviors
- difficulty sleeping
- changes in your appetite
If you are feeling some or all of those thing, Core Energetics can help your anxiety and depression.
Anxiety and depression are usually generated by your thoughts but experienced in your body. You may experience a number of distressing or debilitating symptoms including, but not limited to, tightness in the chest, racing heart, difficulty breathing, trembling hands or limbs, racing thoughts or being in a mental fog, or feeling detached from your body.
Core Energetics body based therapy techniques are used to down regulate your body out of “survival mode” or high alert reactions. In Core Energetics, depression is believed to be lodged in the body and fed by your historical beliefs.
The result of our work together is to help you learn the use of breath, movement, and expressive release work along with direct consciousness helps to recharge your depressed nervous system and help you return to your own vibrant life.